The New Ten Commandments:
The Georgia Guidestones
By Carl Teichrib - July 2005
Please visit his website at www.forcingchange.org
See The Politics
On the highest point in Elbert county in northeastern Georgia stands an unusual monument. Tucked into the heart of "granite" country, the "Georgia Guidestones" are located approximately 9 miles north of the community of Elberton. Considered by many as America’s "Stonehenge," the intimidating monument stands over nineteen feet high and contains 951 cubic feet of granite. The Guidestones are comprised of four upright slabs, one center stone resembling a squared pillar (called the Gnomen stone), a flat capstone, and five base pieces. Each of the four upright stones weighs 42,437 lbs., and the combined weight of all the stones is approximately 119 tons.
Picture thanks to:
Overwhelming in size, its stated purpose is more blatant yet. Inscribed within the stone are ten new "commandments" for humanity—a vision of earth servitude and New Age philosophy. Chiseled within the edges of the upper capstone is a message in four languages—Sanskrit, Egyptian Hieroglyphics, Babylonian Cuneiform, and Classical Greek—which reads, "Let these be Guidestones to an Age of Reason." Upon the eight sides of the four monolithic upright stones, eight languages—English, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic, Hindi, Chinese, Spanish, and Swahili—are etched within the granite. Each upright contains the same message in a different language. These ten New Age commandments read,
1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely—improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule Passion—Faith—Tradition—and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth—beauty—love—seeking harmony with the infinite.
10. Be not a cancer on the earth—Leave room for nature—Leave room for nature.
The meaning of the commandments are simple to understand,
1. We must massively reduce the earth’s population in harmony with "Mother Earth."
2. We must manage the remaining people’s ability to reproduce, creating a pseudo- evolutionary system of survival of the fittest. 3. Turn back God’s order of man to pre-Tower of Babel times.
4. Tolerance must rule, even over truth.
5. All humanity must come under a system of international law. International law means world management via a supranational authority.
6. Each nation is accountable to the dictates of a world law authority. Sovereignty, in its presently understood form, would no longer exist.
7. I actually like this one!
8. Mankind will be subject to the group’s concept of social responsibility, whatever that may be.
9. Those alive in this new order are to see God alive in all things—plants, rocks, animals, space, water, fire, air, and people. The idea is simple: God is in all because God is all. You too are therefore a god.
10. Humanity must recognize its secondary place in "creation." Nature, embodied as a "god," comes first.
Even the positions of the stones play a role in displaying this mystical/political message. The four upright blocks are "oriented to the limits of the migration of the moon during the course of the year." Drilled through the center pillar is an eye-level, oblique hole going north to south through the Gnomen stone "so that the North Star is always visible, symbolizing constancy and orientation with the forces of nature." A slot is also cut through the Gnomen stone, aligning with the rising sun at the winter and Summer Solstices. More astronomical features are built into the monument.
The history of the monument is shrouded in mystery. Unveiled on March 22, 1980, the modern day Stonehenge was financed by a "small group of loyal Americans living outside Georgia." This group, through a spokesman calling himself "Mr. Christian"—apparently because he was a "Christian"—contacted Wyatt C. Martin, President of the Granite City Bank. Through Martin, Elberton Granite Finishing Company, with their "Pyramid Blue Granite" was contracted to do the work. President of the company, Joe H. Fendley, took a personal interest in the project.
According to a fact sheet from the Elberton Granite Association, Martin contacted Joe Fendley and told him the funds were in an escrow account and that he could begin building. Martin also promised "that when the project was completed, he would deliver his file on the affair to the anonymous sponsors and that the secret would never be known."
Today, you can drive the short trip up Highway 77 and view the monument for yourself. If you do go, don’t be surprised if you’re not the only one at the site. It has become, expectedly, a gathering place for New Agers, occultist, and the curious. People go to the monument to meditate, contemplate its message, and align themselves with the forces of nature. Appropriate for a nation spinning away from God’s truth, America’s Stonehenge has become a sacred New Age site.
Romans 1:21 proclaims, "although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened." May we keep our sights on the one who is above all, the Lord Jesus Christ.
Copyright: Carl Teichrib, 2002Please visit his website at www.forcingchange.org
Bloody Utopian Dreams, Part 3: The Politics and Religion of Population Control: "The Georgia Guidestones, a massive granite edifice planted in the Georgia countryside, contains a list of ten new commandments for Earth's citizens. The first commandment, and the one which concerns this article, simply states; "Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature."
"This population control commandment reminded me of what I had witnessed back in 1997 while attending the Global Citizenship 2000 Youth Congress. Held in Vancouver, BC, the purpose of this event was to incite national changes to the Canadian educational system; specifically, to instill Earth-centric values through the adoption of Robert Muller's World Core Curriculum - a philosophy of education that incorporates global citizenship and pantheistic concepts."
The Georgia Guidestones: "Engraved in eight different languages on the four giant stones that support the common capstone are 10 Guides, or commandments. That monument is alternately referred to as The Georgia Guidestones, or the American Stonehenge.... Indeed, the Georgia Guidestones are used for occult ceremonies and mystic celebrations to this very day....
"The message of the Georgia Guidestones: 1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature. 2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity. 3. Unite humanity with a living new language. 4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason....
"Yoko Ono, the widow of John Lennon, was recently quoted as referring to the American Stonehenge, saying: '...it's a nice time to reaffirm ourselves, knowing all the beautiful things that are in this country and the Georgia Stones symbolize that." See The Earth Charter's Unholy Ark