1. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. [He will take care of me -- not presumptuous for David trusted Him.]
2. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
- The Message Bible
1. God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing. [We need much - wisdom, training in obedience...]
2. You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet pools to drink from.
3. True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction [by whose view, where's "His Name's sake?].
4. Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I'm not afraid when you walk at my side. Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure.